2019: THANK YOU TO MY VILLAGE
2019 was an exciting year for Paraguas Beauty, thanks to your support!
A few highlights to celebrate:
- January: Our detoxifying clay mask, [mom]Me Time, passes 3rd party clinical trials and is now “Dermatologist Tested!”
- A special thank you to my mom-tribe (the local mamas: Aarthi, Karen, Katie and Lisa!) who volunteered to “test” products on themselves during the R&D stages, before the clinical trials. It only took 47 iterations to get the blend juuuuuust right.
- February: Our home kitchen is certified as a USDA organic processing facility!
- A big thank you to my supportive husband who agreed to me repurposing and locking up a LOT of kitchen cabinets, and built me extra shelving/storage to take over closet space as well.
- March: Our first production run! Let the fun begin…
- April: Final labels and packaging arrives!
- A special thank you to my “marketing team” for reviewing and sharing feedback on countless drafts – Shannon, Em, Aarthi, Lisa, Camille, Mom, Chels, Andrea, Lis, Lizzy, Liz, and Beth – you all are awesome.
- May: PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE!
- The people who should receive free Paraguas Beauty products for life (given all of their support along the way), instead become my first customers. Thank you.
- July: Paraguas Beauty makes its first contribution to improve clean water access by donating 5,000 water purification tables capable of purifying 20,000+ liters of water through UNICEF.
- October: Paraguas makes another quarterly contribution to improve clean water access, this time through WaterCredit, which uses microfinance to turn every $1 donated into $59 of impact.
- November: Free samples are available! Our Dream Team and Glow On facial oils also become the featured serums in the signature facial at True Beauty + Wellness, a local (Long Beach, CA) spa!
- Thank you, Jackie!
- December: Gift sets are available!
- A special thank you to everyone who purchased these for themselves and loved ones!! I had SO much fun playing Santa’s helper shipping the gifts around the country.
This business is the coming together of many, many baby steps. Sometimes I joke that I’m a one-woman-show, but in reality I have a TON of behind the scenes support from incredible women willing to help despite having exceptionally full schedules. Without you this wouldn't be possible. With you, it's been such an exciting and fun adventure.
It takes a village, and I’m beyond grateful to be in this together with you.